February 29, 2008

Two Nights of Bliss Again

So, I keep having only having two great nights of sleep and after much thought I have come to the realization that the nights that Mason sleeps until 6am are on the nights that Scott's not home. I think that some how Mason goes to sleep telling himself that Daddy's home tonight so if I cry loud enough, long enough, and hard enough either Daddy will come in my room and talk to me and rock me or Mommy will finally give in and bring me to their bed. It is really strange because this week Scott has been gone 5 out of 7 days and Mason has slept until 6am for four of them and 7:05 for one of them. He did however sleep until 5:30 on one of the nights that Scott was home.
One good thing out of all of this is I now know that he does not need to eat and his stomach does not hurt so now I need to figure out what to do. I think the first thing we need to do is not allow Scott to go in his room. But, this is not very fair for me. I already have to get up with him most of the time and now I will be getting up with him all of the time. And now with the new rules of getting up with him I can not just bring him to bed with us I actually have to get up, go in his room, put his pacifier in his mouth, and walk out. I must do this over and over until he either goes to sleep or the clock turns 6am. I know most of you are probably thinking you should just let him cry... I have tried that. We did that with Shea, but with Mason one of two things happens he either cries so loud that Shea wakes up (having two kids up at 4 am not so great) or he cries so hard you can not even console him. He turns into that kid that cries so hard that he starts to hyperventilate and cannot calm down for hours.
So with that all being said. Please pray for me, that I will have the strength to get up every night and be able to keep up with Shea every day.

No comments: