February 15, 2008

Ok...Ok...

So, I have not blogged in awhile. Not much has been going on here. We have been doing the same old same old. And all I want to blog about is the fact that my 8 month old has a stronger will than me. He still wakes up between 4 and 5am. I just do not know what to do. I have tried to let him cry (cried for an hour)... holding him and when he is asleep putting him back (wakes when I put him down)... rocking him in his chair (wakes when I put him down)... standing over the crib and sing to them... just standing over him... keeping him in the crib and putting my hand on him... putting his pacifier in his mouth and walking out. I have done all of these for an hour or so each and the only thing that seems to work is for him to come and sleep in my bed. I can either fight with him for and hour or so or just bring him to bed with us and he is asleep in no longer than 5 min. I really do not care that he comes into my bed. I just wish it was after 6am.

3 comments:

Rebecca Millsap said...

I can totally relate! Getting up before 6-, when it's still DARK outside is SO tough! Hang in there Mom!

Chiara said...

You are doing a great job, Tiffany! Rebecca and I were just chatting about how we admire your positive attitude as a mom of two young ones. I hope I do as much as you do successfully when I have two someday.

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

I am so proud of you for trying every thing! When I get to this point, I always just do what works. I WISH Drew would just come to bed with me and fall back asleep but it is way more fun to go play trucks at 5am with mommy all to himself :-) Thank goodness their are coffee pots with timers! Hang in there...this too shall pass!