August 20, 2007


So we had are second trip to the ER on Sunday. Shea had a terrible cough and he sounded like he was having trouble breathing. He also had a fever of 102. Scott, Mason, Shea, and I all went to Mission to see what was wrong with Shea. The first nurse was nice and got us to a room quickly. Then our doctor came in, he was also nice. He checked Shea out and wanted him to get some xrays to rule out pneumonia. Shea loves the xray part. He was a really god boy and stayed really still, they gave him some stickers for being so good. Then they came back into the room and told us that he had croup. So, they gave him some steroids that he spit half of them out. The nurse said that it was ok, but I thought that I would ask the doctor. He said that it is very important for him to have them, so he should get a half a dose. I told him that there is no way that Shea will take any more. So, he said that he would have to get a shot. I agreed that a shot was better then him spitting it out. Then we got the two lamest nurses in the world. They told Scott and I that they would take Shea's temp and give him a shot all at the same time. And nope that did not happen. They kept telling Shea that was the worst of it. Nope that was not true. Finally, they were making Scott so mad that he was making faces at them. So, they thought that Scott was not feeling well and kept asking him if he was ok and if he need to sit down. I had to keep myself from laughing at them. They then came back and said that Scott had to pin Shea down as the two nurses pined his legs down and one of the nurse said hold him really tight he is strong. I was thinking who do they think they are holding down The Hulk, he is just a one year old. Then when all of that was done, the head nurse looks at Shea as he is crying so hard that his face is red, there is snot everywhere, and he is having trouble breathing, and says ok that was not so bad do you want something from the treasure chest. I said we have to get out of here. They said ok you have to sign here. I signed and then I ran. Not really, but I wanted to. THOSE LADIES WERE CRAZY!
Shea feels better and will be ready to meet the world on Tuesday.


Chiara said...

Those ER's can be crazy! When Carter was in Seattle, we had to go in for lip stitches. The doctor started the whole conversation with "I haven't done any stitches on a baby before. I'll have to go look up information." Hmmmmmmm. The whole ordeal ended with Carter wrapped in two pillow cases, one mummy wrap board and a nurse holding him down. I hope Shea is feeling a lot better soon!

The Stephens Family said...

Wow poor Carter!